For the official and up-to-date information of the FOPH (Federal Office for Public Health) on this subject please visit the following link: https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/krankheiten/ausbrueche-epidemien-pandemien/aktuelle-ausbrueche-epidemien/novel-cov/testen.html
In these cases, we recommend you to inform yourself in advance about the cost of the test at the competent center, as it may vary.
Last modification 03.11.2020
For this reason the federal government covers the costs of both PCR tests and rapid antigen tests, provided that one of the following criteria is met:
- You have symptomsmatching Covid-19.
- You receive a notification from the SwissCovid App that you’ve been in contact with an infected person. You’ll find information on this on the SwissCovid App and Contact Tracing
- The cantonal office or a doctor orders you to have a test because you are in quarantine following close contact with an infected person.
The federal government will not cover the costs of the test if:
- You need a negative test result for travel.
- You are being tested at the request of your employer.
- The test is carried out abroad.